I recently featured an Instagram story poll to see whether people would be interested in seeing a 50 facts about me blog post and I received favourable responses .. so without further ado here goes:
1) My father is Turkish and my mother is Irish
2) I was born in Munich, Germany
3) I study Biomedical Science
4) My zodiac is Cancer, although the only traits I identify with are my tendency to be emotional and sensitive to any criticism thrown my way
5) I am a muslim
6) I'm a July baby, my birthday is Bastille day
7) I'm 5ft 1 and a half- the half really matters folks
8) I'm engaged to Zeki, whom I met through mutual friends 5 years ago whilst living in Turkey.
9) He was the force behind this blog after I don't think i would have ever mustered up the courage to start a blog if it weren't for him.
10) I'm bilingual; I speak German and Turkish fluently, though I cannot write well in either. Growing up I would forever lament about being different from all the other kids because I was exposed to German and Turkish TV and rarely had anything to contribute to playground conversations about British TV. Several years down the line I'm so glad my parents didn't bow to my tantrums.
12) I have an insatiable sweet tooth and cannot physically resist chocolate (especially cadburys whole nut and yogurette)
13) If I could reside in one place for the rest of my life, it'd have to be Munich.
14) I'm fascinated by East German history of the then German Democratic Republic and it would be a dream come true to visit the remnants of East Berlin
15) My favourite series is hands down Harry Potter
16) I'm a Ravenclaw
17) When I was younger, dad and I would embark on voyages to Turkey together. We'd travel throughout Europe and I must say I was a very well travelled ten year old.
17) I lived in Turkey for three years
18) The first film I ever watched in the cinema was Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone, I was five and it had been my turn to bring the year 1 teddy bear mascot home with me for the weekend and fill in the teddy bear's diary. The plan was for my mum to accompany me to the cinema however that plan fell through. I was utterly devastated as I had nothing noteworthy to write in the teddy's diary so my Turkish grandma despite her very little English at the time saved the day and took me in the end.
19) My favourite classic read is Little Women,
20) I'm petrified of creepy crawlies regardless of what they are and how small they are. My personal living nightmare was when the bug man would make his annual visit to our school and make us pet his insects. I conveniently was always desperate for the toilet when it was almost my turn.
22) Under no condition will I ever watch horror movies...never have, never will. It's the ideal form of torture if you ask me.
23) My music taste is fairly eclectic, it ranges from Arctic Monkeys to Selena Gomez
24) I can't whistle
25) I can't blow bubbles with chewing gum
26) I'm a skirts and dresses kinda girl
27) My guilt pleasure is to read a thesaurus. There I said it
28) I can be found in my pjs eating my weights worth in chocolate whilst reading harry potter
29) My all time favourite shows include Handmaids Tale, Friends and The Office
30) I can proficiently sew my own skirts and I'm still in process of learning to make dresses
31) My hamartia is that I brood over things. A lot
32) I am the emotional powerhouse of any friendship group...I literally generate enough emotion for everyone
33) I'm a very pick eater, I have a repertoire of foods that work for me and I don't stray from them
34) I personally take offence when people don't enjoy reading
35) I'm instinctually drawn to anything with a peter pan collar or has a check pattern
36) My ultimate style inspiration is my maternal grandmother, she was forever put-together and chic
37) I am easily distracted, I must have the concentration span of a five year old
38) I couldn't be a minimalist even if my life depended on it
39) I was first introduced to the concept of vintage inspired clothing through the Modcloth style gallery when I was 16
40) I could eat pizza all day everyday
41) My diet is horrendous, I just don't care for fruit and vegetables
42) I'm truly terrible at sport. Much to the relief of everyone, I used to always offer to be the defender for the losing netball team and watch the entirety of the game take place at the other end of the court.
43) Saying that though I'm fairly fast runner and would only be incorporated into teams for my speed ... lacking any kind of hand-eye coordination and game strategy, I was pretty much the Forest Gump of any team.
44) When I was younger my favourite night time read were the DK encyclopaedias; I used to own the general one, history, plants and space.
45) No one can pinpoint my accent and the most farfetched suggestions have been Scottish, Irish or American
46) I am Sumeyye and I'm am thrift shopaholic, I live for the thrill of not knowing what I might stumble across on one of my thrift adventures.
47) Even though I consider myself a creature of habit I'm surprisingly very adaptable and don't suffer severe culture shock or homesickness.
48) I value personal space and often like to embrace solitude so will often venture out on walks, go shopping, visit museums or go to the movies by myself. I have no shame in admitting I am my own best friend
49) I desperately need to go on a phone detox one of these days
50) I spent the last 20 minutes trying to think of another fact
Tell me something interesting about you!
Miss Patina Space Walking Jumpsuit/Playsuit
Thrifted Navy turtleneck
Clarks t-bar shoes
Ebay Chiffon hijab